Roku channels store
Roku channels store is a section in a Roku account that stores all the apps, channels, games, social networking channels, private channels, etc. It allows you to add channels to your Roku and stream them. Roku channel store provides thousands of free, cable subscription-based & premium membership-based paid channels to its users. You can also listen to the various kinds of podcasts and radio stations through the Roku channel store by streaming them on your Roku.
After activating your Roku, you can go to the Roku channel store & add channels from there after clicking on the ” Add channel” button below your selected channel. It provides you the free channels like Youtube, Crackle, Pluto TV, Fox news channel, PBS kids, CBS news, etc. Whereas subscription-based channels are only available if you have their valid subscription. For example Wwe network, Vudu, Hulu, etc.
Roku account login
You can easily Login to your Roku account by using your login e-mail ID and password. Roku also provides you a ” Remember me” option, so that you could save the username and password of your Roku account for future login & sign-ins. It gives you the ” forgot password” option on the right side of the ” Sign in ” button and allows you to use this feature if you have forgotten the password of your Roku account.
- Open your computer or smartphone and type in my.Roku.com/signup.
- Enter your email ID you have used while creating your Roku account in the “email” box.
- Enter down your password in the “password” field.
- Press the ” Remember me” checkbox.
- Now, verify the captcha and verify the ” I am not a robot” box.
- Press the ” Sign in” button for logging into your Roku account.
Also Read: Roku issues
How to Add channels & Apps to Roku?
You can easily add channels & apps from the Roku channel store to your Roku account after signing into it.
Add channel to your Roku
- Take your Roku Remote & press the ” Home” key on it.
- Scroll down and select down the “Streaming channels” option for going to the Roku channel store.
- Now, Select the channels according to their genres, featured, popular, name, etc.
- Select the channel you want to add and select the ” Add channel” key and install that channel on your Roku streaming device.
- If that channel is membership-based or paid, Then, Select that channel and select the “buy” option to buy that channel and install it.
- Enter the Roku PIN if you have one. Ignore it if you don’t have any Roku PIN.
- Update your payment information if it’s not working ( optional ).
- You will get the installed channel in the channel list on the Home screen of your Roku.
How to activate PBS on Roku?
You can activate the PBS channel on your Roku streaming device after downloading it free of cost from the Roku channels store.
- Go to your Roku’s home screen.
- You will either get a “Channel store” or “streaming channels” option there.
- Choose any one of them.
- A channels list will display on your Roku & you will have to search for the ” PBS” channel there in the search box.
- After a second, you will get all the matching channel results on your Roku screen.
- Select the channel name you want to add
- Click on the ” Add channel” option on your Roku screen’s right side.
- Now, PBS channel downloading will start on your Roku streaming device.
- Select the ” Go to channel” option to stream the PBS channel on your Roku.
How to Remove & delete the Roku channels?
If you want to remove or delete the unwanted channels from your Roku. Then, you can easily do it with the help of your Roku app and Roku device. But, we suggest you discontinue the channel’s paid subscription before removing it from your Roku. Go to Roku.com to ensure if paid channels are canceled from your Roku account. Because if it’s not canceled, Then it would cost you a subscription fee every month from your Roku account.
Remove channels by using the Roku app
- Install the Roku app from the app store and launch it on your phone.
- Go to the “channels” tab and tap on it.
- Press the ” My channels” menu and search for the channel you want to remove or delete.
- Tap and hold the selected channel’s icon to launch its status and details.
- Now, you will get the ” Confirm channel removal” option and tap on the ” Remove” button to “Remove” the channel.
Remove channels by using Roku device
- Open the home page and go to the main menu on the left of your Roku screen.
- Search for the ” Streaming channels” option by scrolling up and down.
- Select the “Streaming channels” option to launch the “Roku channels store”.
- Search, select, and open the details of the channel you want to remove or delete.
- Select the ” Remove channel” option to delete that channel from your Roku.
Just like that, you can remove both paid and free channels from your Roku and stream the channels you want to watch.